Before presenting the services that Dwight Kinzer provides through his company Process Equipment & Design LLC (PE&D), let’s first cover the services PE&D does NOT provide:
- NOT a manufacture representative;
- Although, I’ve been a representative for Andritz-Sprout, Bemis Packaging, Brock Grain & Feed Systems, Carter-Day, Donaldson-Day, Magnetic Products, and Sortex, I have not worked as Mfg Rep since 2004.
- NO Equipment Sales;
- In the past I have been a grain/feed/seed equipment salesman, but I have not sold or collected a commission since 2004.
- NOT a Contractor;
- I have worked for several contractors, such as Borton, McC, Inc, and Todd & Sargent, but I have not worked for a contractor since 2013, nor am affiliated with a construction company.
- NOT a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer.
I am a Neutral Designer. I don't care who is hired as a contractor or the equipment installed, as long as it is done correctly.
Using my 34 years (1985) of experience with commercial grain, feed, and seed systems, 20 years of 2D CAD and 12 years of 3D modeling, I’ve worked for a diverse spectrum of clients ranging from small ma/pa companies, to small & large contractors, to multinational corporations, to a global engineering firm on commercial/industrial grain/feed/seed bulk handling, storage, drying, processing, and packaging systems.
Many projects I work on are simple, such as a client emailing me a hand sketch that I use to create a 3D model to get the client accurate estimating information, or emailing me a scanned set of old paper drawings of a feed mill, seed cleaning plant, or grain elevator to be replicated in digital 2D or 3D.
Google Earth now makes it possible to view an outdoor location anywhere in the world and sometimes measure it too. The need to physically visit a site is often no longer necessary, or can be postponed until a first round of drawings and evaluation is completed. For remodels and equipment upgrades, old paper or autocad drawings of the existing facility emailed to me are often sufficient for accurate design and layout.
In other scenarios my involvement can more in-depth, such as the 3D conceptual design and budget estimation of a remodel or new facility, or hiring me to hop on the next flight half-way around the world to assist/evaluate a proposed, or on-going project, or acting as a Project Engineer and Project Manager through the life of a project.
If you can use my services, it’s pretty simple - $75 per hour plus expenses and my availability is based on current work load.
I do ALL of the work. I am NOT a firm – I do all of the work, notwithstanding architectural, PE, or other professional services hired to contribute to a project.
Most importantly, I would like to thank you for visiting my website and viewing previous 3D projects.
With Kind Regards,
Process Equipment & Design LLC
Sedgwick, Kansas 67135 USA